If you have not yet enjoyed a best brownie everrrr without realizing that this actually is a black bean brownie – stop everything you are doing at the moment and bake these guys. This is already my fourth batch and honestly, I don’t even know how I was managing the lock down without them. Rich, fudgy consistency, CRAZYYYY chocolate flavour, chewy, addictive and guilt free. NO: refined sugar, butter, gluten. YES: protein, healthy snack/dessert, hassle-free one bowl recipe. And just as you though it cannot possibly get any better… here comes a crunchy, salty peanut butter on top of it!
I don’t know anymore what the original recipe was, but I tried several things and experimented with maple syrup, coconut sugar, oat flour, coconut flour and nuts – all worked amazingly. So if you are searching for a no-fail, 30 min, healthy recipe that will change the way you handle craving attacks – you found it!
So grab your blender, a can of black beans that was collecting dust in the corner of your cupboard and create the best ever healthy brownie I’ve tried so far.
- canned black beans - 240 gm (a can of 400 ml)
- eggs - 2
- ground hazelnuts -1/2 cup
- cacao powder - 3/4 cup
- coconut sugar - 1/2 cup
- maple syrup -1/4 cup
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- pure vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- peanut butter (I like crunchy, salty), other nut-butter, sprinkle with chocolate chips and coconut, top with greek yogurt and berries
- Preheat oven to 180 C, line a backing form with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients in a good food processor or blender until very smooth. It can take a while, depending on the strength of your blender.
- Place the batter into the form and bake for 15-20 min.
- Allow to cool down before eating (this was the hardest part of it all 😉