I love long and cozy weekends’ breakfasts when you can prepare something special, something you can treat yourself and people you love with. This warm and delicious blueberry, vanilla crumble is a perfect way to start a perfect Sunday 🙂 And it’s not just a perfect start, it’s also a healthy one, since my crumble is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and easily adjusted to be vegan.
Crumbles are amazing. See, I’m in general crazy about tarts and pies. Especially the ones that are full of berries or fruits. In fact, if I ever have an issue with a pie, it is only when a crust is thicker than a filling. That’s why crumble is so perfect. Lots of fruits and berries and just a little bit of sweet and pleasantly crunchy crumbles on top.
This recipe is very universal. You can go for any fruits or berries you like. You can make it for breakfast and eat it with Greek yogurt, or you can prepare it for a light and healthy dessert and enjoy it with ice-cream or whipped cream (coconut cream in case you go vegan). Most importantly, there is no mess in the kitchen and you need just 5 minutes to put this beauty together. The rest of the magic will happen in the oven. Meanwhile, you’ll have 20 minutes for a morning yoga 😉
- 300 gm (1,5 cup) of fresh or unthawed blueberries
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil (no need to melt it)
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 C/340F.
- Grease the baking form with some butter or coconut oil.
- Arrange unthawed blueberries in a layer.
- Mix with your fingers oatmeal flakes, butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Arrange the oatmeal crumbs on top of the blueberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.