If you love carrot cake as much as I do (CRAZY IN LOVE), love everything mighty, crunchy, moist and spicy – you don’t have to think twice – you MUST bake these cookies.
Perfection in it’s lightest, easiest and healthiest form!
And as with everything that I cook, there is a nice story behind. Last weekend I made a surprise to my family and flew to Novosibirsk for the weekend. As I opened the door and sneaked in, my sister was just taking carrot cake out of the oven. Nothing can beat this moment – feeling of home, happy tears of the most beloved people in my life, smell of carrot cake…
No need to say this was the best carrot cake I ever ate in my life. And since I knew that Anya was planning to make one that weekend, our internal joke now is that carrot cake is worth to fly 10 hours for 🙂
The result of my creation are these cookies. Apart from carrot, I also added apple (which was sis’s idea, and I thought it was awesome!). Next time, I will add pineapple – to have a tropical carrot cake version.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup GF oatmeal meal
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a handful of chopped walnuts
- a handful of raisins or sultanas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- pinch of salt
- 1 small apple chopped into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F. Line the baking tray parchment paper.
- In one bowl mix wet ingredients together. In another bowl mix dry ingredients together. Then add wet mixture and mix well.
- Form the cookies (I used a 1/4 small measuring cup to form the cookies, you can also use ice-cream scooper or simply form it with a spoon).
- Bake for 25 minutes.