It’s a peach season. So it’s time to add peach to whatever you eat or drink: to your morning yogurt or muesli, to your vanilla ice-cream, or to a glass of champagne, turning it into a fancy Bellini. You can also bake an amazing peach, almond, and cinnamon crumble, make a peach jam, or a peach tiramisu. The list is endless!
While peach itself is genius, grilled peach is sexy! Add to a grilled peach some fresh goat cheese, a drop of runny honey, few leaves of rosemary, several pine nuts – and your kitchen can officially compete for a Michelin star 😉
Seriously, this is just such an amazing combination!
I am a bit confused though as of how to label this recipe. To me this is clearly the most fabulous dessert ever (because it is light and it has cheese and fruit at the same time). However, this can easily and perfectly be served as a starter, as an add-in to a simple salad, or even… now when I’m thinking… be added into a risotto.
One thing is clear – no matter at which point of your meal you’ll have this grilled peach pleasure – you’ll love it. For this to sound even more perfect, I can assure you, that it is super easy to make.
- 1 peach cut in half
- 2 round slices of fresh goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- several leaves of fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of roasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-low. Place peaches (cut side down) on the grill. Grill for about 8 minutes, until it gets softer and charred.
- Place grilled peach halves (grilled side up) on a baking tray. Top with goat cheese. Sprinkle with rosemary leaves, and pine nuts. Drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes.