I know, asparagus season is kind of over, but consider this “closing of a season” kind of recipe. Besides, if you don’t have asparagus, you can skip it – the other ingredients: avocado, coriander, and lime will give the same amazing outcome.
This is a very simple, light and fresh recipe, which is great when you plan to grill with family or friends and want to have smth healthy and sophisticated. The longest part is marinading the shrimps and assembling the skewers. Everything else is done in less than 5 minutes and with few pulses of your blender.
I used a grill pan when cooking since I was actually making this only for myself. But I am absolutely sure that it is even better if you do it on a proper grill. Especially since the weather is just amazing. Really, hard to believe, but it’s already 7th week of sunny and warm weather here in Hamburg. Crazy! and knock on wood… I even glad that I have my vacation only in September.
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/2 avocado
- 5 asparagus stalks
- 6-8 shrimps
- 1/2 lime - juiced
- 1/2 lemon
- handful of coriander
- black sesame
- salt pepper
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried chili
- 3 spoons of olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Marinade shrimps for at least 20 minutes. After marinated, arrange shrimps on the skewers.
- In a small pot bring 0,5-liter water to boil. Add salt. Once boiling, add asparagus and boil for 3 minutes (to keep it crunchy). With a skimmer or simply with a fork remove asparagus out of the water and rinse with cold water ((to preserve the color). Set aside.
- In the same water where you just boiled asparagus add edamame. Boil for 4 minutes. Once ready, drain all remaining water and quickly rinse with cold water (to preserve the color).
- Place avocado, edamame, coriander, salt, pepper and lime juice in a blender and pulse several times. I like to keep the texture (having small pieces inside). But if you like smooth and silky puree, then blend until you are happy with the result.
- Bring a grill pan to hot. Place the skewers and also quarters of lemon on the grill. Grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Using the metal ring, arrange puree on the plate. Sprinkle with black sesame. Place several asparagus stalks and shrimp skewer on top of the puree. Serve with grilled lemon and glass of wine.